7.16.2008

Jace's Room

Jace is now taking over Conner's old room. I wasn't going to paint the room until after I had Jace since he was going to be in our room for awhile, but I started painting it the day before I had Jace hoping that it would cause me to go into labor. No luck there, but atleast we got all the blue paint done. Then about a week after I had Jace I was bound and determined to get it done. I just hate projects that are half done, so it was driving me crazy that I wasn't finished painting it yet. I taped off all the solid diamonds and painted those green, and then painted the stripes brown, and with having a husband that is a perfectionist I knew that I had to measure out everything just perfect. We love love how it turned out. I just matched the colors from his quilt that I made him, because I'm using those same fabrics through out the room. I am super excited to get everything in there to finish it off! Since Conner is still in his crib, we are going to be borrowing one from Jess' brother and wife, so we owe them big time. I thought about moving Conner into a toddler bed, but I really got nervous thinking about having a brand new little baby, and then battling with an 18 month old to stay in bed. We'll see, soon enough we'll have to make the transition! : ) Once we get everything in the room and put together I'll post another picture of the finished product.



These are just some frames that I put together to hang above his dresser. I just took some of the fabric that is in the quilt and covered the mats with it. I can't wait to get some cute black and white baby pictures in them! I found the frames at Target for 3.50 a piece! I love Target! : )

10 comments:

Samantha said...

What in the world?! I am so impressed with your paint job. I am convinced that I could never get paint to look that good. You seriously did such a great job. How much do you charge per hour?

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

whoah! you guys are good! i can't wait to see it all finished!

Moberg Family said...

Love the room! It turned out so well. You did great with the design getting it all to line up, ect.... I knew all you creativity you have would do great things! I am glad that I can learn from you! Can't wait to see it in person!! Hope you got some sleep last night!! xoxoxoxox

sainsburys said...

I need you to come over and decorate my house!

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

Holy cow! you are so dang crafty. it makes me feel like I should get craftier. I love the diamond look. it's so cool.
By the way your boys are so dang cute! I bet your just loving having 2 boys. I thought the transition from 1 kid to 2 was the funnest. Just wait till you have 3. It calls for some wild time. anyways, every thing looks great!!!

Melinda said...

That is soo cool Kellie I can't believe you did that by hand. Wow I'm so impressed. It's so cute!

Annalee Taylor said...

I LOVE IT! I might just have to do it too! JK, I love the pattern, what a great idea. I am sure it took forever...especially for the perfectionist! it so cute, love love love. The frames are fun too. Great job.

Kacey Nielsen said...

That is seriously adorable! Wow!

Jeff and Megan said...

Okay, you seriously are going to make a baby quilt for our new one. It can be a Christmas/baby gift!! I'll let you know the sex in 2 weeks! Seriously, AMAZING!!

The Lancaster Crew said...

Man Kellie you are so creative! I love how you decorate, its so dang cute! Your boys are growing so fast, they are just darling.