6.01.2008

Crash and Burn....

On Friday we went over to Moses Lake for my little brother's graduation BBQ. It was tons of fun and of course there was tons of yummy food! I was so excited! There is nothing better then a good BBQ with lots of homemade salads, and yummy goodies! The hamburgers were to die for, too of course! : ) Conner just had a ball hanging out with Aunt Tay and watching all the big kids play volleyball. He would live outdoors if we let him. This kid has no fear though. It makes me a little nervous because I don't know what he's going to do next. My parents have this big play toy with a big slide and swings in the backyard, and Conner just climbs right up that thing all by himself and goes down the slide. He just does this over and over again! I do love that he loves to play and isn't a whimp about things, but then he falls or something and I get nervous. Well, he was walking down the stairs of my parents patio, because he has to walk down them like a grown up not turn around and going down them on his belly or bum like a little kid, and well he fell head first onto the cement. Jess was standing right there and I saw the whole thing and I just thought that he would just jump right up and take off because it really didn't look like that bad of a fall. After he fell though he picked up his head and scraped his face on the cement as he was trying to get up! Poor guy! It scraped him from the top of his forehead all the way down to the tip of his nose! He cried for a second, but I think that it really looks worse then it really was. I just hope that it hurrys and gets healed because I wanted to do pictures once this baby gets here!
We have also hit a milestone today! Our little guy officially goes to nursery! I can't believe it. He really doesn't turn 18 months until the 20th of this month, but with the baby coming next week, or sooner, I am desperate to get him in there. I could not juggle two kids during sunday school or relief society. I went in there with him today and I was just going to sit there and see how he handled things. I knew that he would do okay, because he loves playing with other kids and who wouldn't love a ton of new toys to play with and a yummy snack! : ) Well, he was a champ! He did so good! He didn't even pay me any attention. He loved being with all the other kids, and the leaders are awesome! I am super excited for him because I know that he'll have tons of fun! I asked the leaders if it would be okay to let him come in early, and they said oh yeah he's doing great, so there's no reason why not. Plus, he's close enough to being 18 months, right! : ) On the drive home from church I was telling Jess all about it, and how proud I was of him like when some bully kid would come up to him and take his toy, he would just turn around and grab another one. I just have to add that I didn't realize that kids could be so rude at such a young age! There was this one kid that was just going around pushing kids off of their chairs just because! What a bully! I told Jess that I'm interested to see who his parents are at church next Sunday! : ) As I was telling Jess about how big our little guy is getting I got all emotional. Jess just laughed at me. I am super excited though because it was getting so hard to entertain him during Relief Society and I would look around and see all the little babies in there, and realize that mine is not such a little baby any more. He just felt to old to be lugging into class with me. Plus, I wouldn't be able to sit through a whole lesson because of Conner, so I'm looking forward to that now! I guess I'll just be starting all over with having this new baby, but atleast he'll sit still for awhile! : ) I still can't believe it first day at nursery, first nursery handout, I know it's just the beginning and before long he'll be having his first day of school! Oh my word, I want him to stay little forever! : )
Conner has also learned how to drive his first truck! Well, it's a Ford F-150 power wheels truck, but it's still powered. It goes way fast! He plays with our neighbor's son that's two, and it's his truck. For awhile there Conner would just climb up into it and sit there because he didn't know how to push the pedal to go. I was very content with that, but then all of a sudden he took off. He's still having a little stirring trouble, but after plenty of crashes I'm sure he'll figure that out too! We have come to see though that he's getting his dad's driving skills, because he does like to run into things! He ran into our neighbor's car the other day and just started laugh, little stinker! Pure craziness! He just keeps getting more and more mobile!



Ouch! : )

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Poor guy! I can't believe how it seems he is so old because he is going to have a little brother soon! What a ctuie!