5.07.2008

Oh My Word!

It's been forever, as usual, since I have posted anything. Lots has been going on, and it's still not over yet! I'm starting to feel kind of stressed out, but I know that it will all get done sometime.

To start off my updating is some fun pictures of the baby quilt that I just finished. I love love love it, and the fabric. I ordered all the fabric from fatquartershop.com and of course it's from Moda my favorite! : ) It's more a toddler quilt because I am making everything for the baby's room from this fabric, so I wanted it to last longer. I did my own pattern, and I machine quilted it too! I am totally obsessed with the diagonal striped fabric in it, because it reminds me of a tie. It's so hard to find some cute fabric to make a quilt for a little boy, so when I found this I just got so excited!


Then here's my next project in the works. I got so excited when I found this flannel too! It's another cute little boy fabric. It's got planes, trains, and cars all over it, and to add to it all I love the colors, too! I grabbed this fabric, and decided to make a smaller baby quilt with it! I love the pinwheels! I am super excited to finish it. I'm using a pattern for this one from Thimble Blossoms! I love her patterns! I just can't wait to have a little girl because she has so many cute flowery patterns! : ) I'll post pics of the finished product soon hopefully! : )



Then this picture shows Jess' project in the works. Yes, this is our backyard in progress. I am so excited and I think Conner is extra excited! That kid would live outside if we let him. I hate taking him out in the frontyard because now he loves to run straight for the street. We live on a cauldasac, so there's not a ton of traffic, but it still makes me nervous. I will love it when the fence is finished, and our sod is down and I can just send Conner out in the back with the dog and just watch from the window while I'm cooking dinner! : ) The rock looking cement blocks we got from of course a cement place, and Jess and his Dad brought in all the huge equipment from the yard and got them placed. I love that we decided to do this, because we had a slope back there, and now that it's gone it gives us just that much more room to use and play on! Now we need to put up the fence. We have everything for it, so it's just a matter of getting it done. Then Jess just finished digging the trenches for the sprinklers today, and that stuff is on order and then once that's done our sod will get delivered and it's just pure enjoyment after all that! I can't wait! : ) I'll post finished product pics of that too!

Conner loves to help Jess with anything that he's doing! All morning while Jess was riding around in the Bobcat all Conner wanted to do was watch from the window. He kept saying trac, which means tractor. He's so cute. All day he'll take Jess' tools and act like he's doing something with them. What a cutie. I can't believe that we're going to have another little boy around here in less then a month! Yikes! : )




This splendid machine is my new love, for cleaning of course! : ) With kids and a dog it's so nice to be able to clean your carpets when ever your heart desires! I just need to control my obsession so I don't over clean my carpets, but I just love the feel and look of super clean carpets.




Our little guy is just getting more and more opinionated! Now he just wants to feed himself all the time. There were certain foods that I would let him feed himself because it was easy for him to, but now he insists on only eatting when he is feeding himself. It cracks me up because now he's having more baths then ever, but I'll give it to him he's pretty good! He picked up on using utensils right from the get go. I just can't believe how fast he's growing up, and I keep saying that because I really can't believe it! These pics are from snack time today. What a goof! : )


Lastly here's our dog Cabo. Jess and I got his almost three years ago when he was a puppy, and Conner just loves to pick on him and chase him around. It's pretty darn cute. Well, he was also another thing that made us so busy lately. He was having problems going to the restroom, and we came to the conclusion after calling the vet that he probably had bladder stones. No fun! You could just tell he was miserable. We love our dog, but we weren't really wanting to spend a bunch of money on surgery and everything so we tried to wait it out. That really didn't work, and it actually just made things worse. Poor guy! Finally I took him to the vet, and they did x-rays, and tests and they decided that he was going to need surgery for sure to make him better. We went through with the surgery, and they found 12 stones in his bladder and there were some clogging him too which was of course the cause of him having bathroom problems. Anyways, we're just glad that it's over, and hopefully the problem is completely fixed now.

5 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Wow you're doing a ton with the backyard and it looks great. I can't wait to come up!!! Poor little Cabo, he has my greatest symphathy with stones... oh they sure hurt! I can't believe you had to take him to the vet... i've never been to the vet and yet I could have sworn that's what I'd be when I grow up haha I can't wait to see you guys! Awesome birthday present for Jess! Tell him belated happy birthday from us!

Annalee Taylor said...

Holy Crap that quilt is so cute! I want one! I love it. To bad you arent closer we coudl start a pattern company...that would be my dream. I feel so bad for little Cabo...I hope he is better, poor dog. Conner is cute as ever, cant wait for #2!

Ryan and April said...

Your quilts are SO adorable! I'm so jealous of your creativeness! You need to give me some pointers so I can learn how! How are you feeling? Your due date is really coming up!!! Conner is as cute as ever and I can't wait to see that new little Jace! Love ya guys!!!

Melinda said...

Hey Kellie! How are ya doin? I love that quilt that is like blue, and cream, and brown..the one that is finished. Its dang cute, makes me want to cuddle up with it!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

that quilt is like straight out of a magazine or pottery barn or something! you are amazing!!