5.12.2008

Baby Name Dilemma

Okay, so I have a very indecisive husband and our baby that is making his grand entrance in about 3 weeks still doesn't really have a name for sure yet! We were really liking Jace Jackson, but then Jess came home from work one day and just said that he didn't like it anymore! I went through the name book a million and one times and wrote down every possible name that I liked and Jess still was not giving me any slack! He was just waiting to be walking around somewhere and hear someone say the perfect name. That's how we found Conner, we heard a mom yelling at her son at the airport and his name was Conner. I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not, but so far not to bad. Finally the other day I came across the name Trevor on a piece of paper somewhere, and I couldn't really think of anyone that I knew with the name Trevor so I thought that I would run it past Jess just to see his reaction. Well, he didn't immediately say no, so that made me feel okay about it. For the last couple of days we've been thinking about it, and saying it aloud and stuff, and I think that we're really liking the name Trevor. If we do end up going with Trevor for sure it will be Trevor Williams Walters. Williams is after Jess' Mom's maiden name, and it's also Jess' middle name. So, for now we are calling the baby Trevor, but I've learned that with my husband nothing is permanent until the name is on the birth certificate. We're pretty sure that it's going to be Trevor though, so I'm super excited that we've some what figured that big issue out! : ) I can't believe how fast things have gone! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to see how things are progressing so we'll see how it goes! I'm hoping that since I chase around a one and a half year all day, that will make things progress faster. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! : ) We'll keep everyone updated on the progress! Wish us luck! : )

7 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Hm... Trevor. All that I can imagine is Trevor Platt, so it's hard for me to picture a baby with the name. : ) I liked Jayce, so don't give up on that one entirely yet. Hm... What about Jess Jr. or Jess the II. Maybe that'll be a name Jess would enjoy! ; ) Love ya!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

i can't believe you're so close!! how exciting! i'll keep checking to see what his name ends up being... :) we're the same way- on the way to the hospital when i was totally in labor with landon we stopped at the library to get baby name books. we didn't even get to look at them though, because he was born two hours later! anyways, good luck and i can't wait to see pictures of your little trevor...or jace... :)

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I really like the name Jace, so I am voting for that!!! I am with stephanie all I can think about is Trevor Platt!! Good Luck, I am sure you will love whatever name you decide on, they are both cute!

Annalee Taylor said...

I cant believe you only have 3 weeks! Wow, that went by fast! Maybe not so much for you though, I am sure! I like the name Trevor, I also like the name Jace too...either on are cute. Who knows when it comes right down to it you might end up naming him Linkin! LOL....Good Luck!

Ashley said...

Trevor is a good sturdy name! I'm so excited for you! Soon enough you will have two like me!! YAY!! I bet you're feeling quite overwhelmed though!

mumovearls said...

with our 2nd baby we couldn't decide on a name so we gave the nurses a list of "ok names" and asked them to pick their favorite! so excited for this new little baby to come... ps I would love to do photos for you I'm doing a website special email me if you are intrested...-n

Child of God said...

Kellie I can't believe I found your blog. I was just searching through some and there you are. You look amazing. And expecting your second, wow, congratulations! Your little boy is so handsome. Hope all goes well with the new little one coming.