4.21.2008

Poor Sick Boy, Again!!

I give up! I don't know what I am doing wrong, but our poor little guy is sick again! Last week he woke up in the middle of night with 102 temp, and had a fever almost all night it was so sad. He also has this really nasty cough! I was going to take him to the doctor on Friday, but he woke up and was acting normal so I decided not too. I kicked myself later though because Friday night he woke up in the middle of the night again with 101 temp! I was a very tired Mom! : ) Saturday Jess' parents came over and Tom helped Jess put up our retaining wall in the back, and I'll have to post some pictures tomorrow because it looks awesome! It really makes our backyard look so much bigger! Anyways, Grammy Walters hung out with us inside and boy was Conner super boring! I was even bored because all he wanted to do was sit in front of the sliding glass door and watch the big machines push dirt around! Jess' Mom put it well when she said it was like watching grass grow! He was super needy and would not let me get anything done! He did end up taking a long nap after some playing in the dirt, so that was nice.

When I was home all day Friday with a sick super needy child I decided to get Conner's tent out for the first time. We got him this tunnel set from Costco for Christmas and it came with a couple of fun tents. I had never gotten them out yet because I just thought that it would be a mess trying to put together, but on Friday I was desperate! Turned out not as hard as I thought, and Conner is so obsessed with it! It is hilarious! He'll run into his room and try to climb into his crib to get his pillow and blanket so that he can put them in his tent. Then he has to have one of us in it with him all the time! He'll run over and grab your finger and pull you in! What a goof! He's just getting so big! He's starting to say words like crazy! He says no, yes, yeah, door, dog, ball, shoes, eye, hi, drink, of course Mommy, and Daddy, truck, and right now we're working on bye bye. We did have an incident today where I said "Oh Crap" and Conner turned around and said "Crap". Jess and I just looked at each other and cracked up, but it's starting already we're going to have to be careful what we say! Yikes! : ) It makes me sad how fast he's growing, but I know that in 6 weeks we're having another baby, so we'll get to start all over again with another cutie while Conner keeps learning his new fun things everyday.

Conner in his "Fort"! : )


Poor sick little guy! He never just sits still, so when he was just cuddled up on the couch I knew that he wasn't feeling good!

1 comment:

Ryan and April said...

Conner is getting TOO big and SO cute! I'm glad he's feeling better, poor baby :( Those pics of him all sad on the couch break my heart! And of course what a ham with the big 'ole cheese ball grin! So adorable. You are looking so great too! I can't believe that your going to have another baby so soon! Hope that you are feeling well! We miss you guys tons!!!