12.04.2008

Girl's Weekend

The weekend before Thanksgiving by Mom and Jess gave me an early birthday present! My Mom, Me, and my two younger sisters flew down to Utah for the weekend! We visited with my other younger sister, Steph, and did some major shopping! My wonderful husband stayed home with the boys, and took great care of them while I was away! We flew out on Friday and came back the following Monday. That was the longest I had been away from either one of my boys, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be! We had tons of fun, and actually I was wanted to stay a couple more days, but I did miss all my boys so much, including my absolutely great husband! We did manage to get to all the places that we wanted to go, and it was so much fun to hang out with my Mom and sisters. A huge thanks goes out to my lovely mother for the trip, and the fun! My husband also deserves a huge thanks for handling the teething child, and the terrible twos child all weekend! He did great, but I knew that he would. He's such an awesome Dad!


The first night there of course we had to hit up Cafe Rio! I was super excited! I love that pork salad, oh my gosh!


Only on an all girl's night we go to Cafe Rio for dinner, and then we head to Chili's for dessert! Steph and I devoured the Moulton Lava Cake, yummy!


The next day my Mom took us all out to the Park City Outlet Mall. It was tons and fun, and we did find some great deals.
Here's the back of the car with all of our loot!

After we were done at the Outlet Mall we headed back to Salt Lake City to go to Twilight at the Gateway! I haven't read the books yet, so I loved to movie! My sister's have read it, so they kind of explained some parts to me, but now I really want to read the books. I guess I just haven't yet because I'm scaried that everything will get put off until I'm done reading them, and during this time of year that would not be good!

Kendra, Me, Taylor, and Steph outside the theatre after the movie. I promise that Kendra can be a happy girl, but during this picture she was super upset because hercell phone broke, and at 16 that is a very important device! : )


Taylor was so excited to go to Build a Bear. She did so great while all of us went to our cute craft stores, so my Mom rewarded her with a high school musical build a bear! She was so excited!



On Sunday we went to Temple Square. It was so pretty, and quiet! They had all the lights up for Christmas, and the Nativities were gorgeous! I hadn't been to Temple Square forever, so it was so fun to go and see how much it's changed! I was just super sad that my honey wasn't there with me to partake in the loveliness! ; )


"The Girls" in front of one of the Nativities.



They had a statue of Mary and Joseph on the reflection pool. It was so cool. It looked like they were just floating there!

Us girls in front of the reflection pool.

The Mary and Joseph statue on the pool. So Pretty! : )
Kritt, my sister's husband, Steph, my sister, and Me! :) We stopped into the visitor's center really quick before we left.
Mom, Tay, and Keng, getting blinded by the light. : )

To top off our trip my Mom introduced me to the Little America brunch buffet! I was so sad that Jess wasn't there for that, because I think that he would have loved it more then me, and I loved it! I ate enough for like a whole week! I especially loved the chocolate fountain! Yummy! : )
We had so much fun, and we made some way fun memories! I really think that we need to make this an annual trip! Thanks so much Mom for everything! This was such an awesome birthday present. Oh, we also owe another huge thank you to my little brother Scott, who is going to BYU. It worked out so perfect because he ended up coming home from Provo for thanksgiving the day after we left Utah, so we got to send everything with him that wouldn't fit in our suitcases, which was a ton of stuff! We hit up Rod Works, and Tai Phan (sp?), so we had his whole back seat and some of his trunk full of yummy goodies for our houses! : ) Thanks little Bro! : )
I had tons of fun, but it was so nice to come back to my little family of boys. It was so cute to see how excited Conner was to see me! He's getting so big, and I think that Jace doubled in size while I was gone, but my husband did so great, and he's the best husband ever!

4 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! I need to talk my mom and sister into a trip like this!

Samantha said...

Cafe rio pork salad AND the lava cake? Those are 2 of my favorite things in one night. Add Twilight to that and dang. That's my kind of no party. Plus no kids! Seriously, that sounds like so much fun.

Amanda said...

It was fun to see you when you came to Utah. Your family is so cute and I want to bite your boys cheeks!!
This is so fun to look at. I finally started on last month thelifeofthewades. Keep it up I love looking at your blog. Amanda

Lovely Lindsay said...

uh, hello kellie! time for a new blog. what have you been up to?
i know you've got all kinds of crafty goodness going on over there.
love, lindsay