1.01.2008

It's Fun To Be One : )

Holy cow! Time flies so fast. Our little guy is already one! I swear though he acts like he's two, atleast! He thinks that he such a big person already, and all he wants to do is what all the adults are doing. He definently keeps us way busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way! He turned one on the 20th. We kind of kept with the theme of his room, and did a Cowboy party. It was lots of fun. I made homemade chili, and my Mom cooked up some mean cornbread. Of course he made a killing with some great gifts too! Jess and I got him a rocking horse, which he's terrified of, and Grandma and Grandpa Moberg got him a cute little tikes coupe car! He loves his car. It was so fun to watch him figure it out right away! What a little smartie! He went right to the door and jumped right in. It has a siren and everything. Uncle Ryan, Aunt April, Emmet, and Weston gave him a sheriff badge to wear and a fun lego set.


We all went and enjoyed some lunch at good old Bar B Que Depot. Yummy!


Of course where else would we find him, but on top of something. He so loves to climb anything and everything. I guess he was probably trying to figure out his escape route.

Emmet and Conner love playing in boxes. I swear he would play in one all night if we let him.


Great Grandma and Grandpa Moberg sent him these way cute cowboy boot slippers. I love love them!


Hangin out with Dad.

Thanks to Grandma Moberg for getting Conner these way cute 1st birthday socks, and he also got a cute shirt that matches them.

Conner and all the goods. We got him a cute little cowboy hat that I found when I went to go and get paper plates and napkins at the Paper Factory. He wouldn't keep it on for very long though, so this picture was probably attempt 38 to get a good one.

It was pretty fun opening presents. He did really good. I wasn't sure if he would be interested in it or not, but he figured it out after the first couple.

Showing off his new outfit. I think that his face is hilarious.

His scary rocking horse. We have made some progress. He does now sit on it if it's not making noise. I especially love Uncle Ryan's face in the background of this picture.

Conner's way cute car. It will be fun to have at the house. It will probably keep him busy long enough for me to get something done, and that's awesome whenever that happens.

I'm not a pro cake decorator or anything, but I thought that the cake turned out pretty cute.

He wasn't to sure what to do with the lit candle though, so Dad helped him out.

Conner is our big eater. He eats mostly anything that you put in front of him, especially sweet stuff. I thought that he would just attack the cake, but who knows I guess maybe he's not a cake person like his mom. He just kind of poked at it for awhile.

I guess Jess couldn't take it any longer, so he grabbed the cake and shoved it right into Conner's little face. Poor guy!

He started to get a little partied out after awhile. Looking back though I think that his first birthday was pretty successful.

3 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

I cant believe that he is 1! So sad! He is the cutest little guy, I wish you guys lived closer cause it would be fun to hang out. I love that you did a cowboy theme! If your ever this way you will have to go for a sleigh ride with Conner, he will be terrified of my dads big horses, but they are pretty cool!

Annalee Taylor said...

Hey,
I just wanted to let you and Jess know that we will be sealing Mack to us on Feb 5th in the Rexburg Temple. So...if you guys could come that would be awsome!! I know its a little ways a way but I wanted to let you know a head of time so you have time to think about it!! It would be so great if you guys could come!

Moberg Family said...

Hi,
What a fun day that was with Conner turning 1! You are a cute, great little Mom and I am proud of you! Love ya, Mom